Ojai Village Veterinary Hospital continually researches and improves our services to ensure that we are offering the best medicine with state of the art equipment to treat your pets.
This therapeutic laser has remarkable benefits for pets that may struggle with problems such as:
• tendon and ligament injuries
• sore muscles and joints
• neurological pain
• inter-vertebral disk disease
• chronic non-healing wounds
• muscular-skeletal disorders
• chronic ear and/or skin inflammation
• chronic bladder inflammation in cats
• many other conditions related to pain and/or inflammation
• postoperative wound healing
How does it work?
The specific wavelengths of laser light energy interact with cells within the tissue to initiate processes that decrease pain, inflammation and edema.
Your dog or cat can be treated with laser therapy at any age.
What are the Benefits?
• nonsurgical treatment, no sedation required
• extremely safe with no long-term side effects
• treatments are quick, done in the exam room, usually last less than 10 minutes
• speeds the healing process
• may decrease the amount of chronic pain medication needed
• may help patients already on maximum medial therapy but are still uncomfortable